At John’s & Son Auto Repair, we pride ourselves on doing quality work, and doing it right the first time. Take a look at some recent reviews of customers that came to us with a variety of auto repair needs.
Stadium Auto Repair is the place to go for all your auto repair needs in Tallahassee. I few weeks back I went into the... shop to figure out why my truck's engine was overheating. I spoke with Patrick, and he told me I had two leaks under my hood that needed to be repaired. He was very professional and answered any and all questions I had regarding the repair. It was clear from the start he knew what he was talking about and had years of experience under his belt. Within about 4 days (including the weekend) I had my truck back and it ran good as new. I cannot recommend these guys enough!read more
My daughter's car wouldn't start even though it had a new battery. I spoke to Patrick at Stadium Auto, and he told me... to have it towed in and he would take care of it. I arranged this from North Carolina while my daughter was car-less in Tallahassee. He was very polite, and he fixed the problem at minimal cost to my daughter (a student) with no hassle. Did not try to inflate prices. Good work at a good price. Professional and courteous.read more
I came by John’s and sound with a vibration problem, Patrick was very upfront and honest about what I needed.
The... technician was very friendly and showed me the work that he was performing and gave me a step-by-step overview of what was needing to be done.
I highly recommend these guys very very upfront and honest and that’s all I expect.read more
This is my place from now on! Knowledgeable, accommodating, affordable and quick! I had a window that wouldn’t roll... up and frantically called around looking for someone to fix it. I took my Honda to the dealership I bought it from, believing Proctor would be my best bet. They had my car for 3 days, charged me $160 and told me that they could not fix it now, nor could they estimate when they could, and that it would cost me over $1000.
Patrick at John’s and Son had my window repaired in 3 hours and charged me considerably less than what Proctor quoted me.
I highly recommend this shop, if they don’t have what they need to help you, they’ll find it!read more
If I could give this place negative stars I would. Literally the worst auto repair experience I've ever had. If you are... a woman and don't have a man to take with you do not go here because they will not only belittle you but also take advantage and grossly over charge you.read more
I went to get my engine light checked, they told me it would be around 1000 dollars to fix it, when calling around and... telling other mechanics my problem they only charged 350. Very unprofessional, jacked up prices because they thought I would not know any better.read more
I have been to many mechanics over the past decade as my truck is both old and precious to me. Most mechanics will... barely take a look at your vehicle, call you with a diagnosis and a quote, repair the quoted issue, and send you on your way. The ways John and Son's sets themselves apart from other mechanics are numerous:
1. They spend the time to really drive the vehicle and test it over and over if the problem is elusive. They dont just hand it back to you and tell you, "they dont see anything" or "it's just old."
2. THEY CALL YOU AND COMMUNICATE. I cant stress this enough. Patrick calls you back promptly, and even takes initiative to phone you when he tells you he will. When they find the problem(s) they notify you immediately and report back if they need to keep the vehicle longer. A lot of mechanics will set older vehicles back in the line of cars they are working on in favor of more expensive repairs. Not John and Son's.
3. They are honest. After an inspection, something odd and out of place happened to cause a misfire in my second cylinder. Patrick called me, and told me. They test drove my car and erased the code because it felt fine. I took the truck home and I coded it on my obd2 and the code had come back. I called Patrick and he took the truck in, and fixed the issue, free of charge.
4. They are family oriented. They treat their customers like they matter. I never once felt slighted, taken advantage of, or that common disconnect that happens in most shops. Impatience never entered the room.
5. They are prompt and the work is good. He got me my truck back to me the day he told me he would, every time I brought it to him.
The shop needs a face lift but don't let that fool you. This is the best mechanic I've given my money to in quite a while. Absolutely give them a try, you wont regret it.read more
The staff was wonderful, very helpful and communicated with me throughout my repair. I will absolutely return to them... if my car has any more problems, and I highly recommend them to anyone else!read more
John’s and Son is great! I have been taking my vehicle to John‘s and Son for the last 6 years. I have had... everything done from transmission work to oil changes and the experience has been flawless. I highly recommend John‘s and Son. By far the best shop in town.read more
The business and team members treated us honest and fair. They rendered quality service. We were very pleased with the... work performed and will continue to use their services for future needs. Thank you.read more